Rs.200 crore aid for Sundarbans development
Kolkata: The central government will infuse Rs.200 crore over the next five years for the development of West Bengal`s Sundarbans biosphere, Union Minister for Environment and Forests Jairam Ramesh said Tuesday.
"Every year we spend Rs.10 crore for Sundarbans development. This is given under the Project Tiger, as also the mangrove project," Ramesh told mediapersons during a tour of the Sundarbans.
Now the central government has taken up a World Bank-aided integrated coastal zone project in West Bengal, Gujarat and Orissa.
"Under this, we will give Rs.200 crore for Sundarbans development over the next five years," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16