Ruchika case: Rathore`s bail hearing today
Chandigarh: The Chandigarh district court will on Wednesday resume hearing in CBI plea seeking extension of the six-month sentence awarded to former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, accused in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation and murder case.
Simultaneously, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Raj Shekhar Atri is also expected to hear a plea moved by SPS Rathore challenging the sentence awarded to him.
The hearing was deferred last month after Rathore was stabbed outside the district court complex by a teenager, who was later taken into custody by the security officials.
Rathore was on Monday punched and stabbed thrice with a blunt instrument outside the court premises by Utsav Sharma, a student of the prestigious National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad.
The hearing and arguments in the case will continue for three consecutive days till March 12.
In the appeal filed by the CBI on February 5, the agency has questioned the leniency showed to Rathore while sentencing him in the case.
On December 21 last year, CBI Special Magistrate had sentenced Rathore to six-month rigorous imprisonment for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark