Ruchika case: Rathore`s bail hearing today
Chandigarh: The Chandigarh district court will on Wednesday resume hearing in CBI plea seeking extension of the six-month sentence awarded to former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, accused in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation and murder case.
Simultaneously, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Raj Shekhar Atri is also expected to hear a plea moved by SPS Rathore challenging the sentence awarded to him.
The hearing was deferred last month after Rathore was stabbed outside the district court complex by a teenager, who was later taken into custody by the security officials.
Rathore was on Monday punched and stabbed thrice with a blunt instrument outside the court premises by Utsav Sharma, a student of the prestigious National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad.
The hearing and arguments in the case will continue for three consecutive days till March 12.
In the appeal filed by the CBI on February 5, the agency has questioned the leniency showed to Rathore while sentencing him in the case.
On December 21 last year, CBI Special Magistrate had sentenced Rathore to six-month rigorous imprisonment for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling