Rudy Hartono, Prakash to conduct clinic for colts
Mumbai: Indonesian great Rudy Hartono, who won seven All England men`s singles title in a row between 1968 and 1974, is visiting the metropolis next month and would conduct a clinic for budding under-19 shuttlers.
Eight-time All England winner Hartono, along with Indian legend and 1980 champion Prakash Padukone, would conduct the clinic on June 6 as well as play an exhibition match at the air-conditioned NSCI courts, a release said today.
The duo has been invited by the Maharashtra Badminton Association, Yonex-Sunrise and National Sports Club of India (NSCI) for the promotion of the sport in the state and country.
MBA and NSCI would also felicitate National Games gold medallist Arundhati Pantwane and the most promising boy and girl in the state, whose names were not given, on the occasion, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing