Rudy Hartono, Prakash to conduct clinic for colts
Mumbai: Indonesian great Rudy Hartono, who won seven All England men`s singles title in a row between 1968 and 1974, is visiting the metropolis next month and would conduct a clinic for budding under-19 shuttlers.
Eight-time All England winner Hartono, along with Indian legend and 1980 champion Prakash Padukone, would conduct the clinic on June 6 as well as play an exhibition match at the air-conditioned NSCI courts, a release said today.
The duo has been invited by the Maharashtra Badminton Association, Yonex-Sunrise and National Sports Club of India (NSCI) for the promotion of the sport in the state and country.
MBA and NSCI would also felicitate National Games gold medallist Arundhati Pantwane and the most promising boy and girl in the state, whose names were not given, on the occasion, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it