Rupee at one-week high, up 20 paise at 46.80 a dollar
Mumbai: The Indian rupee on Friday appreciated by
20 paise to touch a week-high of 46.80 against the US dollar
in early trade on dollar selling by exporters.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the
domestic unit strengthened by 20 paise to 46.80, strongest
since October 27. The Indian rupee ended three paise higher at
47.02/03 in yesterday`s volatile session.
Dealers said dollar selling by exporters mainly supported
the Indian rupee.
Besides, expectations of increased capital inflows into
domestic equities by foreign funds, which may open sharply
higher in tandem with other Asian markets, also helped the
domestic currency appreciate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?