Rupee at one-week high, up 20 paise at 46.80 a dollar
Mumbai: The Indian rupee on Friday appreciated by
20 paise to touch a week-high of 46.80 against the US dollar
in early trade on dollar selling by exporters.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the
domestic unit strengthened by 20 paise to 46.80, strongest
since October 27. The Indian rupee ended three paise higher at
47.02/03 in yesterday`s volatile session.
Dealers said dollar selling by exporters mainly supported
the Indian rupee.
Besides, expectations of increased capital inflows into
domestic equities by foreign funds, which may open sharply
higher in tandem with other Asian markets, also helped the
domestic currency appreciate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31