Rupee gains 7 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The Indian rupee today gained 7 paise
against the US currency in early trade on increased capital
inflows into stock markets in line with firming global cues.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the
local unit appreciated by 7 paise to 46.54 a dollar. The
rupee had ended 8 paise lower at 46.61/62 in the previous
Dealers said increased capital inflows into equities by
foreign funds, which were up 0.41 per cent in first session of
New Year mainly supported the Indian rupee.
Besides, the dollar weakened against other Asian
curerncies, which boosted the rupee sentiment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred