Rupee gains 7 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The Indian rupee today gained 7 paise
against the US currency in early trade on increased capital
inflows into stock markets in line with firming global cues.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the
local unit appreciated by 7 paise to 46.54 a dollar. The
rupee had ended 8 paise lower at 46.61/62 in the previous
Dealers said increased capital inflows into equities by
foreign funds, which were up 0.41 per cent in first session of
New Year mainly supported the Indian rupee.
Besides, the dollar weakened against other Asian
curerncies, which boosted the rupee sentiment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley