Rupee up 14 paise at 46.20 a dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee strengthened by 14 paise
to 46.20 against the US currency in early trade on Thursday on
expectations of fresh capital inflows and dollar selling by
Dollar`s weakness against other major currencies also
supported the domestic currency.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the
local unit appreciated by 14 paise to 46.20 a dollar. Rupee
had ended three paise lower at 46.34/35 in the previous
Forex dealers said hopes of increased capital inflows
into domestic equities by foreign funds and dollar`s weakness
overseas, mainly supported the rupee.
Yesterday, the Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex
ended 28.36 points, or 0.16 percent lower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi