Rupesh-Thomas pair reaches New Zealand Open final
New Delhi: Indian men`s doubles pair of
Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas notched up a straight-game win over Malaysian rivals Teik Chai Gan and Bin Shen Tan to cruise into the finals of the New Zealand Open Grand Prix badminton tournament in Auckland on Friday.
The top seeded Indian duo took just half an hour to beat
the Malaysians 21-15, 21-14 in the semifinals today.
The duo, who also made the finals of last week`s
Australian Open Grand Prix, will fight for the title against
the fourth seeded Japanese pair of Hirokatsu Hashimoto and
Noriyasu Hirata, who beat second seeds Fernando Kurniawan and
Lingga Lie of Indonesia 21-16, 17-21, 21-17 in another match.
However, it was curtains for the women`s doubles combo of
Aparna Balan and Shruti Kurian.
The Australian Open runners-up lost 19-21, 15-21 to top
seeds Tsz Ka Chan and Ying Suet Tse of Hong Kong in a
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case