Rushdie to find out why he’s famous in Transylvania!
London: Renowned author Salman Rushdie has decided to go to Romania next month to find out why his books are so popular in Transylvania.
The 62-year-old writer, who was seen with Romanian actress Monica Birladeanu at Venice Film Festival, is eager to know the reason for his popularity.
“Some people are big in America but I’m big there,” a news daily quoted Rushdie as saying.
“I don’t know the reason for that. Maybe in translation they have turned my books into vampire novels,” he added.
Meanwhile, Rushdie is planning to move on from magical realism and historical fiction to pen a graphic novel.
"Recently I got asked if I`d like to write a graphic novel. When I was a kid I was a real comic book nut and I can tell you a lot about superheroes," he said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie