Rushdie to find out why he’s famous in Transylvania!
London: Renowned author Salman Rushdie has decided to go to Romania next month to find out why his books are so popular in Transylvania.
The 62-year-old writer, who was seen with Romanian actress Monica Birladeanu at Venice Film Festival, is eager to know the reason for his popularity.
“Some people are big in America but I’m big there,” a news daily quoted Rushdie as saying.
“I don’t know the reason for that. Maybe in translation they have turned my books into vampire novels,” he added.
Meanwhile, Rushdie is planning to move on from magical realism and historical fiction to pen a graphic novel.
"Recently I got asked if I`d like to write a graphic novel. When I was a kid I was a real comic book nut and I can tell you a lot about superheroes," he said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing