Rushdie to find out why he’s famous in Transylvania!
London: Renowned author Salman Rushdie has decided to go to Romania next month to find out why his books are so popular in Transylvania.
The 62-year-old writer, who was seen with Romanian actress Monica Birladeanu at Venice Film Festival, is eager to know the reason for his popularity.
“Some people are big in America but I’m big there,” a news daily quoted Rushdie as saying.
“I don’t know the reason for that. Maybe in translation they have turned my books into vampire novels,” he added.
Meanwhile, Rushdie is planning to move on from magical realism and historical fiction to pen a graphic novel.
"Recently I got asked if I`d like to write a graphic novel. When I was a kid I was a real comic book nut and I can tell you a lot about superheroes," he said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred