Rushdie to find out why he’s famous in Transylvania!
London: Renowned author Salman Rushdie has decided to go to Romania next month to find out why his books are so popular in Transylvania.
The 62-year-old writer, who was seen with Romanian actress Monica Birladeanu at Venice Film Festival, is eager to know the reason for his popularity.
“Some people are big in America but I’m big there,” a news daily quoted Rushdie as saying.
“I don’t know the reason for that. Maybe in translation they have turned my books into vampire novels,” he added.
Meanwhile, Rushdie is planning to move on from magical realism and historical fiction to pen a graphic novel.
"Recently I got asked if I`d like to write a graphic novel. When I was a kid I was a real comic book nut and I can tell you a lot about superheroes," he said earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!