Russia to host Slovenia in Moscow`s Luzhniki
Moscow: Russia will host Slovenia in the first leg of their World Cup playoff next month at Moscow`s Luzhniki stadium, the country`s soccer chief said on Tuesday.
Vitaly Mutko said weather conditions in the Russian capital were the main factor in choosing Luzhniki`s artificial turf where Russia lost 1-0 to Germany in a World Cup qualifier 10 days ago.
The Russians host Slovenia on Nov. 14 with the return leg in Ljubljana four days later in one of four playoff ties.
The winners qualify for next year`s finals in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test