Russia to host Slovenia in Moscow`s Luzhniki
Moscow: Russia will host Slovenia in the first leg of their World Cup playoff next month at Moscow`s Luzhniki stadium, the country`s soccer chief said on Tuesday.
Vitaly Mutko said weather conditions in the Russian capital were the main factor in choosing Luzhniki`s artificial turf where Russia lost 1-0 to Germany in a World Cup qualifier 10 days ago.
The Russians host Slovenia on Nov. 14 with the return leg in Ljubljana four days later in one of four playoff ties.
The winners qualify for next year`s finals in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH