Russia to host Slovenia in Moscow`s Luzhniki
Moscow: Russia will host Slovenia in the first leg of their World Cup playoff next month at Moscow`s Luzhniki stadium, the country`s soccer chief said on Tuesday.
Vitaly Mutko said weather conditions in the Russian capital were the main factor in choosing Luzhniki`s artificial turf where Russia lost 1-0 to Germany in a World Cup qualifier 10 days ago.
The Russians host Slovenia on Nov. 14 with the return leg in Ljubljana four days later in one of four playoff ties.
The winners qualify for next year`s finals in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP