Ryan Johnson`s lifts Earthquakes past United
Washington: Ryan Johnson scored on a header in the 73rd minute to help the San Jose Earthquakes beat DC United 2-1 on Sunday.
Johnson headed in a rebound off the crossbar to break a tie. It was the second goal the Earthquakes scored in 15 minutes against United replacement goalkeeper Milos Kocic, brought on when Josh Wicks dislocated his left shoulder
The Earthquakes (6-12-7), owners of the second-worst record in MLS, snapped a 20-game road winless streak that was the second longest in league history. San Jose was 0-12-8 away from home since a 2-0 victory over Columbus on June 7, 2008. New York has not won in its past 25 road matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender