S Ayyappan takes over as ICAR Chief
New Delhi: S Ayyappan today took charge as
the new Director General of the Indian Council of Agricultural
Ayyappan replaces Mangala Rai, who retired on December
31, an official statement said here.
Ayyappan has also become Secretary of the Department of
Agriculture Research and Education, it added.
Ayyappan will head around 5,000 scientists working in 45
institutes, 17 National Research Centres, 4 deemed
universities, 6 National Bureaus, 25 Directorates and Project
Directorates, 569 Krishi Vigyan Kendras, 44 state agricultural
universities across the country and one Central Agricultural
University at Manipur.
Ayyappan has served as Deputy Director General Fisheries
in ICAR since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video