S Ayyappan takes over as ICAR Chief
New Delhi: S Ayyappan today took charge as
the new Director General of the Indian Council of Agricultural
Ayyappan replaces Mangala Rai, who retired on December
31, an official statement said here.
Ayyappan has also become Secretary of the Department of
Agriculture Research and Education, it added.
Ayyappan will head around 5,000 scientists working in 45
institutes, 17 National Research Centres, 4 deemed
universities, 6 National Bureaus, 25 Directorates and Project
Directorates, 569 Krishi Vigyan Kendras, 44 state agricultural
universities across the country and one Central Agricultural
University at Manipur.
Ayyappan has served as Deputy Director General Fisheries
in ICAR since 2002.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan