S. Williams says she has been `depressed`: Report
Los Angeles: Serena Williams is "at the end
of (her) rope" after several physical setbacks that have kept
her off the court since July.
"It`s just been a tough year," the 29-year-old said at
her Bel Air home in an interview published in yesterday`s
edition of USA Today.
Shortly after her fourth Wimbledon title, Williams cut
her foot on some broken glass at a restaurant resulting in a
pair of surgeries.
"I definitely have not been happy," she told the
newspaper. "Especially when I had that second surgery (on my
foot), I was definitely depressed. I cried all the time. I was
miserable to be around."
Then last month, she suffered a pulmonary embolism and
was hospitalized to remove a grapefruit-sized hemotoma from
During her time away, Williams has fallen to No. 11 in
"What`s going to make me happy is going on the court and
holding up trophies, singles and doubles," she said.
She has not set a timetable for her return to tennis but
said it could come as early as this summer.
"I don`t know what`s realistic," Williams said. "I really
don`t know. I haven`t put a date on it yet."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah