SA President confident of successful Delhi CWG
Johannesburg: Controversies surrounding the upcoming Commonwealth Games notwithstanding, South Africa President Jacob Zuma expressed confidence that India would host the mega-event successfully in Delhi from October 3-14.
"Given India`s experience, we are certain that it will successfully carry out the Commonwealth Games," Zuma said while speaking at the inaugural function of the India Show organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries.
Zuma also said that the African country would send a strong contingent for the quadrennial event.
"We are preparing a strong South African team to take part in the Games," the President said.
Of late, the Commonwealth Games has been hit hard by controversies over security, allegations of rampant corruption and delays in construction of the venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered