Sacked BSP minister given ticket by SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Wednesday named Rajpal
Tyagi, who was sacked by BSP supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati from the state cabinet last month, as its
candidate from the Muradnagar constituency in Ghaziabad.
Tyagi was named as the party nominee for Muradnagar in
place of Dishant Tyagi by state president Akhilesh Yadav, SP
spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
Tyagi, who held charge of Agriculture, Education and
Research Minister, was sacked on December 25, 2011, along with
three others, including Higher Education Minister Rakeshdhar
Tripathi, Minister of State for Backward Welfare Awadhesh
Kumar Verma and Minister of State for Home guards Hari Om.
Similarly, Khwaja Haleem has been given ticket for Charra
seat in Aligarh district in place of Rakesh Singh, Chaudhary
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?