Sacked BSP minister given ticket by SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Wednesday named Rajpal
Tyagi, who was sacked by BSP supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati from the state cabinet last month, as its
candidate from the Muradnagar constituency in Ghaziabad.
Tyagi was named as the party nominee for Muradnagar in
place of Dishant Tyagi by state president Akhilesh Yadav, SP
spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said here.
Tyagi, who held charge of Agriculture, Education and
Research Minister, was sacked on December 25, 2011, along with
three others, including Higher Education Minister Rakeshdhar
Tripathi, Minister of State for Backward Welfare Awadhesh
Kumar Verma and Minister of State for Home guards Hari Om.
Similarly, Khwaja Haleem has been given ticket for Charra
seat in Aligarh district in place of Rakesh Singh, Chaudhary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened