SAD releases manifesto, promises laptops, jobs
Ludhiana: The Shiromani Akali Dal on Sunday
released its election manifesto promising free laptops with
data cards for class 12 students in government schools and 10
lakh jobs for youths while demanding more financial powers for
the state from the Centre.
The ruling party in Punjab also promised free education
to all girl students up to graduation-level and government
jobs to all sportspersons winning medals at the international
The election manifesto,"Development for All", for the
January 30 Punjab assembly election was released here by SAD
president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Pledging zero tolerance towards corruption, the party
said it would ensure a strong, independent and autonomous
Lokayukta in the event of its coming back to power in the
The manifesto said boys from blue card holder families
would be given free education up to class 12 and promised free
bi-cycles for girl students of classes 9 and 10.
To encourage couples to have a girl child, the party said
Rs 5,000 would be given to parents on the birth of a girl
and a Rs 15,000 fixed deposit receipt each when she goes to
class 5 and 10.
The manifesto demanded more political and financial
powers for the state from the Central government
In collaboration with regional parties, the SAD would
strive to achieve this objective, Badal said.
The manifesto promised to make the state power surplus
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter