Safal Ganesh Chaturthi: About Campaign
This spectacular 11 day festival honors the birth of the beloved Hindu elephant-headed god, Lord Ganesha, popularly worshipped for his ability to remove obstacles and bring good fortune as he is remembered by almost everyone before the start of any auspicious activity.
Ganesha having the wide appeal as "the god for everybody", and is popularized as a national festival which bridges the gap amongst all religions and promotes unity & harmony between them thus generating nationalistic enthusiasm.
The objective of this campaign by Zee News is to celebrate a safe and harmonious Ganesh Chaturthi this year, by highlighting the major problems faced during and post Chaturthi such as Sound Pollution, Traffic Jams, Polluted Beaches and sea etc.
Zee News wishes to start a trend of celebrating a Ganpati festival in which all the worshipers can enjoy the 10 days of fun and frolic without the complications that are experienced at this time every year.
Our aim is to tell the people that the festival can be celebrated causing less harm to the environment and others through various on air programmes/promos supported by ground activities and involving the people in the activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets