Safina rallies to beat Errani and win Slovenia Open
Slovenia: Russian world number one Dinara Safina beat Italian Sara Errani 6-7, 6-1, 7-5 to win the Slovenia Open tournament.
"You (Errani) were a hard time for me but I really wanted to win this tournament," Safina told reporters.
Fifth seed and world number 38 Errani initially looked to have got the better of Safina when she took the first set 7-6.
The 23-year old Russian, who sailed into the finals without losing a set, increased the pressure in the second set to win four straight games and lead 5-1.
Despite a thigh injury, 2008 Slovenia Open winner Errani, 22, stepped up her game again in the third set and pulled back to 5-4 before Safina sealed victory after 172 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read