Safina rallies to beat Errani and win Slovenia Open
Slovenia: Russian world number one Dinara Safina beat Italian Sara Errani 6-7, 6-1, 7-5 to win the Slovenia Open tournament.
"You (Errani) were a hard time for me but I really wanted to win this tournament," Safina told reporters.
Fifth seed and world number 38 Errani initially looked to have got the better of Safina when she took the first set 7-6.
The 23-year old Russian, who sailed into the finals without losing a set, increased the pressure in the second set to win four straight games and lead 5-1.
Despite a thigh injury, 2008 Slovenia Open winner Errani, 22, stepped up her game again in the third set and pulled back to 5-4 before Safina sealed victory after 172 minutes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?