Safina through to Slovenia Open quarter finals
Portoroz: World number one Dinara Safina sailed through to the Slovenia Open quarter-finals when she beat fellow Russian Ksenija Pervak 6-1, 6-2 on Wednesday.
The 23-year old Safina had no difficulty defeating her less experienced 18-year old opponent at centre court in Slovenia`s Adriatic resort of Portoroz.
"I am satisfied with the match today ... I`m getting better and better with each match," Safina said after the match.
Safina will now face Italy`s Maria Elena Camerin in quarter-finals on Friday. Camerin beat Russian Vera Dushevina 4-6, 7-5, 6-0 on Wednesday.
Other winners of the day were Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland who dislodged Czech Lucie Safarova 7-5, 2-6, 6-3 and Rossana De Los Rios of Paraguay beat Italy`s Roberta Vinci 6-3, 6-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra