Safina through to Slovenia Open quarter finals
Portoroz: World number one Dinara Safina sailed through to the Slovenia Open quarter-finals when she beat fellow Russian Ksenija Pervak 6-1, 6-2 on Wednesday.
The 23-year old Safina had no difficulty defeating her less experienced 18-year old opponent at centre court in Slovenia`s Adriatic resort of Portoroz.
"I am satisfied with the match today ... I`m getting better and better with each match," Safina said after the match.
Safina will now face Italy`s Maria Elena Camerin in quarter-finals on Friday. Camerin beat Russian Vera Dushevina 4-6, 7-5, 6-0 on Wednesday.
Other winners of the day were Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland who dislodged Czech Lucie Safarova 7-5, 2-6, 6-3 and Rossana De Los Rios of Paraguay beat Italy`s Roberta Vinci 6-3, 6-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption