Safina through to Slovenia Open quarter finals
Portoroz: World number one Dinara Safina sailed through to the Slovenia Open quarter-finals when she beat fellow Russian Ksenija Pervak 6-1, 6-2 on Wednesday.
The 23-year old Safina had no difficulty defeating her less experienced 18-year old opponent at centre court in Slovenia`s Adriatic resort of Portoroz.
"I am satisfied with the match today ... I`m getting better and better with each match," Safina said after the match.
Safina will now face Italy`s Maria Elena Camerin in quarter-finals on Friday. Camerin beat Russian Vera Dushevina 4-6, 7-5, 6-0 on Wednesday.
Other winners of the day were Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland who dislodged Czech Lucie Safarova 7-5, 2-6, 6-3 and Rossana De Los Rios of Paraguay beat Italy`s Roberta Vinci 6-3, 6-4.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev