Sagan wins Tour of Poland title
Warsaw: Slovakian rider Peter Sagan of the Liquigas team won the 68th edition of the Tour of Poland on Saturday, after taking second spot on the final stage.
The seventh and last stage, run over 128 km, was won by Germany`s Marcel Kittel of the Skil-Shimano outfit for his fourth stage win of the race.
It was a dramatic final day on the race with Sagan finally edging out Ireland`s Daniel Martin, of the Garmin-Cervelo team who had won Friday`s penultimate stage, by just six seconds in the overall classification.
"This is one of the greatest successes of my career," Sagan said.
"I had doubts over whether or not I would be able to get back the yellow jersey that I lost yesterday.
"For me, the race was training for the Tour of Spain but to win it, that`s not too bad."
1. Marcel Kittel (GER) Skil-Shimano 2hr 50min 00sec, 2. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas same time, 3. Leigh Howard (AUS) HTC-Highroad s.t., 4. Heinrich Haussler (AUS) Garmin-Cervelo s.t., 5. Marco Marcato (ITA) Vacansoleil-DCM s.t.
1. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas-Cannondale 26hr 39min 58sec, 2. Daniel Martin (IRL) Garmin-Cervelo at 6sec, 3. Marco Marcato (ITA) Vacansoleil-DCM 7, 4. Poels Wout (NED) Vacansoleil-DCM 23, 5. Peter Kennaugh (GBR) Sky ProCycling 25
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!