Sagan wins Tour of Poland title
Warsaw: Slovakian rider Peter Sagan of the Liquigas team won the 68th edition of the Tour of Poland on Saturday, after taking second spot on the final stage.
The seventh and last stage, run over 128 km, was won by Germany`s Marcel Kittel of the Skil-Shimano outfit for his fourth stage win of the race.
It was a dramatic final day on the race with Sagan finally edging out Ireland`s Daniel Martin, of the Garmin-Cervelo team who had won Friday`s penultimate stage, by just six seconds in the overall classification.
"This is one of the greatest successes of my career," Sagan said.
"I had doubts over whether or not I would be able to get back the yellow jersey that I lost yesterday.
"For me, the race was training for the Tour of Spain but to win it, that`s not too bad."
1. Marcel Kittel (GER) Skil-Shimano 2hr 50min 00sec, 2. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas same time, 3. Leigh Howard (AUS) HTC-Highroad s.t., 4. Heinrich Haussler (AUS) Garmin-Cervelo s.t., 5. Marco Marcato (ITA) Vacansoleil-DCM s.t.
1. Peter Sagan (SVK) Liquigas-Cannondale 26hr 39min 58sec, 2. Daniel Martin (IRL) Garmin-Cervelo at 6sec, 3. Marco Marcato (ITA) Vacansoleil-DCM 7, 4. Poels Wout (NED) Vacansoleil-DCM 23, 5. Peter Kennaugh (GBR) Sky ProCycling 25
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest