Saif embarrasses Kareena at Summit
New Delhi: Bollywood’s celebrated hot couple, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, revealed quite a lot about their personal life and professional commitments during the HT Leadership Summit in the capital on Saturday.
In a session moderated by Hindustan Times Advisory Editorial Director Vir Sanghvi here, Saif flaunted the ‘Kareena’ tattoo that he had on his arm making his love for his girlfriend very evident. He also announced that he’s very much committed to girlfriend Kareena. But at the same time, the couple didn’t miss the opportunity to make it very clear that they are in “no rush to get married”.
When asked about their marriage plans, Kareena said, “For now, Saif has to work on his production house. And I still have a lot more to do in terms of doing different kinds of roles in films.” To this Saif jokingly added, “In our profession, it’s exciting that people keep on asking us about our marriage plans.” But the couple didn’t completely deny their wedding plans, and Kareena assured that it would surely happen someday, while Saif reassured that he’s committed to Kareena.
Talking about how Saif and Kareena first met, Saif said that he saw her when she was 14, and at that moment he got the feeling that she’s going to be a movie star. Saif also said that he fell in love with Kareena because of her look and her smile. And having a rather personal statement like that coming from beau at a public platform, Kareena was seen blushing, “Saifu, don’t embarrass me,” she said.
On the other hand, while talking about the way her career graph has been, Kareena said that her films and roles have undergone a major change. There was a time, when she was written-off and there was a newspaper carrying the news that Kareena is finished. She had cried the whole night but her mother Babita supported her and asked her to face the situation with courage. Kareena also said that her sister Karisma is her role model.
When asked would she go behind the camera like her legendary granddad Raj Kapoor and father Randhir Kapoor, she said: "As of now I am getting good roles, so not now. But yeah, I don`t rule that out... one day I might direct."
Kareena is very passionate and particular about her roles. "I like to know who is going to be the director of photography of my film. How am I going to look. Mostly what happens is when a script is narrated to you, it doesn`t turn out to be the same on screen. So an actor has to know all this," she said.
The actress also said that she was never size-zero. “That was a term coined by people. I am what I am because of my body of work and not my body,” she said. She also said that the secret of her slim figure is Yoga and not a gym-work-out. “I can do a 100 suryanamaskars in a day. When I started out, I could do just eight or nine,” the actress added proudly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video