SAIL Q2 net profit at Rs 1,663.49 cr
New Delhi: State-run Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) on Friday reported a net profit at Rs 1,663.49 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel maker had a net profit of Rs 2,009.60 crore during the September quarter of last fiscal, SAIL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The figures of the current quarter are not comparable with that in the same quarter previous fiscal as the current quarter figures include the earnings of Bharat Refractories (BRL), which was merged with the company pursuant to the government order in July, it said.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs 10,575.28 crore, while the same was at Rs 12,488.58 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
Shares of SAIL were trading at Rs 164.80, down 1.93 percent in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune