SAIL Q2 net profit at Rs 1,663.49 cr
New Delhi: State-run Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) on Friday reported a net profit at Rs 1,663.49 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
The steel maker had a net profit of Rs 2,009.60 crore during the September quarter of last fiscal, SAIL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The figures of the current quarter are not comparable with that in the same quarter previous fiscal as the current quarter figures include the earnings of Bharat Refractories (BRL), which was merged with the company pursuant to the government order in July, it said.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs 10,575.28 crore, while the same was at Rs 12,488.58 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
Shares of SAIL were trading at Rs 164.80, down 1.93 percent in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list