SAIL, Tata Steel, Essar hike prices
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has no plans to import sugar directly from Brazil and Taiwan in the New Year as reported in a section of the media recently.
"Neither the government had written any letter to the Centre seeking permission to import sugar from Brazil and Taiwan, nor any such proposal is under consideration," Special Secretary Food and Civil Supplies Chandra Prakash said here.
He said a section of media had reported that the department would import sugar from the two countries which will be sold in the open market along with fair price shops.
"Such reports are baseless, far from fact and misleading," he said.
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba