SAIL, Tata Steel, Essar hike prices
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has no plans to import sugar directly from Brazil and Taiwan in the New Year as reported in a section of the media recently.
"Neither the government had written any letter to the Centre seeking permission to import sugar from Brazil and Taiwan, nor any such proposal is under consideration," Special Secretary Food and Civil Supplies Chandra Prakash said here.
He said a section of media had reported that the department would import sugar from the two countries which will be sold in the open market along with fair price shops.
"Such reports are baseless, far from fact and misleading," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players