SAIL, Tata Steel, Essar hike prices
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said it has no plans to import sugar directly from Brazil and Taiwan in the New Year as reported in a section of the media recently.
"Neither the government had written any letter to the Centre seeking permission to import sugar from Brazil and Taiwan, nor any such proposal is under consideration," Special Secretary Food and Civil Supplies Chandra Prakash said here.
He said a section of media had reported that the department would import sugar from the two countries which will be sold in the open market along with fair price shops.
"Such reports are baseless, far from fact and misleading," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31