Saina in QF of Malaysia Open Grand Prix
New Delhi: Saina Nehwal defeated Ayane Kurihara of Japan 21-14, 21-17 to move into the quarterfinals of the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold badminton at Alor Setar.
Saina will now take on Chinese qualifier Wang Lin, who upset another Japanese, seeded-sixth Eriko Hirose, 21-11, 21-15.
Saina, who had a forgettable last week where she crashed out in the opening round of India Open Super Series, is the only Indian left in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number
- World Hepatitis Day: 52 million Indians suffer from chronic hepatitis