Saina in QF of Malaysia Open Grand Prix
New Delhi: Saina Nehwal defeated Ayane Kurihara of Japan 21-14, 21-17 to move into the quarterfinals of the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold badminton at Alor Setar.
Saina will now take on Chinese qualifier Wang Lin, who upset another Japanese, seeded-sixth Eriko Hirose, 21-11, 21-15.
Saina, who had a forgettable last week where she crashed out in the opening round of India Open Super Series, is the only Indian left in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!