Saina pulls out of season-ending Super Series finals
New Delhi: India’s star badminton player Saina Nehwal, who is nursing an ankle injury, has withdrawn from the season-ending Super Series finals in Chinese Taipei beginning January 5.
In its final qualifying list, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) confirmed that Saina has withdrawn from the event which will see participation from the season’s top eight players.
After winning the Hong Kong Super Series earlier this month, Saina had pulled out of the India Grand Prix in her home town in Hyderabad at the last minute due the injury.
She sustained the injury during her final against Shixian Wang in Hong Kong Super Series.
Saina, who climbed two places after her Hong Kong victory, has fallen two places this week after missing the tournament. She is currently World No.4.
Saina has been in terrific form this season and won three Super Series tournaments, besides winning the Commonwealth Games gold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...