Saina pulls out of season-ending Super Series finals
New Delhi: India’s star badminton player Saina Nehwal, who is nursing an ankle injury, has withdrawn from the season-ending Super Series finals in Chinese Taipei beginning January 5.
In its final qualifying list, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) confirmed that Saina has withdrawn from the event which will see participation from the season’s top eight players.
After winning the Hong Kong Super Series earlier this month, Saina had pulled out of the India Grand Prix in her home town in Hyderabad at the last minute due the injury.
She sustained the injury during her final against Shixian Wang in Hong Kong Super Series.
Saina, who climbed two places after her Hong Kong victory, has fallen two places this week after missing the tournament. She is currently World No.4.
Saina has been in terrific form this season and won three Super Series tournaments, besides winning the Commonwealth Games gold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed