Saina starts her campaign against Lu Lan
New Delhi: India`s ace shuttler Saina Nehwal will start her title defence in the Singapore Super Series badminton tournament against world number 24 Chinese Lu Lan in the women`s singles Tuesday.
Saina, seeded fourth, would like to put behind the disappointment of her quarterfinal loss in Thailand Open and overcome her inconsistent form and ankle injury.
The Singapore Super Series was one of the three titles the World No.4 won last year. But this year she managed just Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold title and finished runner-up in the Malaysia Super Series.
Saina has also suffered losses against lower ranked players in the last few months, but her past record against Lan will give her some confidence. Saina had defeated her in the opening round of the Thailand Open.
If Saina manages to win the first round, she should make the quarterfinals easily. But in the last eight stage, she can face top seed Chinese Shixian Wang for a place in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...