Salman charges UP govt of misleading people on NREGS
Farrukhabad: Union Minister Salman
Khursheed on Thursday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of trying
to mislead people by demanding fresh packages from the Centre
even as it has failed to fully implement NREGS in the state.
"The state cannot misguide people by organising `NREGS
divas` once a month to handle the various complaints on the
scheme," Khursheed said.
Khursheed was critical of Chief Minister Mayawati`s
demand for a package of Rs 80 thousand crore for drought
relief when the Centre has already increased the subsidy on
power, seeds and water to help the farmers.
He said that while the state has utilised only 40 percent of the Central funds provided for NREGS, it is making
fresh demands for packages to deal with drought.
"By making such demands, she is merely trying to mislead
the people and using it as an excuse to accuse the Centre of
neglecting the state," Khursheed said.
The government should step up its official machinery,
including the gram pradhans, to ensure that all job card
holders get work under the scheme, he added.
Khursheed, who is on a visit to his parliamentary
constituency, said that as per the NREGS act the state
government has to provide either jobs or unemployment
allowance to every job card holder.
"If it was not ready to do so it should give a reply in
writing and the state cannot interfere in the central act," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report