Salman Khan to promote Indian football
New Delhi: All India Football Federation (AIFF) has roped in Bollywood star Salman Khan as its brand ambassador.
Salman, who was present at the overflowing Ambedkar Stadium on Monday evening to watch India`s Nehru Cup title victory over Syria, has agreed to promote the game free of cost, AIFF president Praful Patel said.
Bollywood`s association with sports has grown in recent years. Sanjay Dutt is a brand ambassador of Indian boxing while other tinsel town stars have been competing with one another in either buying or promoting Indian Premier League (IPL) teams.
Salman has also expressed interest in buying an IPL team when the league will expand to 10 teams in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!