Samaleswari Sporting beat Kishore Club 1-0
Sambalpur: Samaleswari Sporting, Sambalpur pipped Kishore Club of Bhubaneswar 1-0 in the inaugural match of the 4th All India Sambalpur Cup Football championship at the VSS Stadium.
Both the teams were goalless at the interval.
Gokul Oram of the hosts scored the solitary goal at 88 minute igniting jubilation among the capacity crowd.
Displaying superb skills, both the teams fought hard to find the nets till the 88th minute of the match which almost appeared that the tie-breaker could be necessitated to end the dead-lock.
However, Oram grabbed an opportunity offered by Jasen Majhi and romped home the goal sealing the fate of the opposition.
The hosts had squandered at least three opportunities against the loser`s four chances.
Altogether 10 reputed football teams from across the country are participating in the IFA approved championship jointly organised by the District Athletic Association and Samaleswari Sporting Club.
Amity United of Gurgaon are the defending champions in the tourney while Army XI, Bangalore are the runners-up.
The final will be played on November 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical