Samaleswari Sporting beat Kishore Club 1-0
Sambalpur: Samaleswari Sporting, Sambalpur pipped Kishore Club of Bhubaneswar 1-0 in the inaugural match of the 4th All India Sambalpur Cup Football championship at the VSS Stadium.
Both the teams were goalless at the interval.
Gokul Oram of the hosts scored the solitary goal at 88 minute igniting jubilation among the capacity crowd.
Displaying superb skills, both the teams fought hard to find the nets till the 88th minute of the match which almost appeared that the tie-breaker could be necessitated to end the dead-lock.
However, Oram grabbed an opportunity offered by Jasen Majhi and romped home the goal sealing the fate of the opposition.
The hosts had squandered at least three opportunities against the loser`s four chances.
Altogether 10 reputed football teams from across the country are participating in the IFA approved championship jointly organised by the District Athletic Association and Samaleswari Sporting Club.
Amity United of Gurgaon are the defending champions in the tourney while Army XI, Bangalore are the runners-up.
The final will be played on November 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Merkel 'firmly' rejects reversing refugee policy after attacks
- Delhi government schools to hold first-ever parents-teachers meeting
- Faircent acclaimed ‘Interbrand Breakthrough Brand in Finance’ by Interbrand
- No concrete evidence on missing AN-32, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Confirmed: Apple iPhone 7 pre-orders to start September 9