Sampdoria beaten in foggy Parma without suspended Cassano
Milan: Sampdoria lost 1-0 at Series A strugglers Parma in foggy conditions on Thursday when they again missed the guile of banished forward Antonio Cassano.
Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov made light of poor visibility to score six minutes from time to lift Parma off the bottom.
The win eased the pressure on Parma coach Pasquale Marino, who had been warned about deteriorating results by the club president.
Seventh-placed Sampdoria have scored just once in four games since talisman Cassano was suspended by the club for swearing at president Riccardo Garrone and refusing to attend an awards dinner.
The Italy forward, who had seemed to have repaired his bad-boy image, has since apologised several times.
An arbitration panel, which is also reviewing Cagliari’s decision to drop their unsettled Italy goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, is due to rule on whether Cassano’s suspension is lawful or his contract void.
Goran Pandev was dropped by Lazio last season after asking for a transfer but won his arbitration hearing and moved to Inter Milan in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls