Sampdoria beaten in foggy Parma without suspended Cassano
Milan: Sampdoria lost 1-0 at Series A strugglers Parma in foggy conditions on Thursday when they again missed the guile of banished forward Antonio Cassano.
Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov made light of poor visibility to score six minutes from time to lift Parma off the bottom.
The win eased the pressure on Parma coach Pasquale Marino, who had been warned about deteriorating results by the club president.
Seventh-placed Sampdoria have scored just once in four games since talisman Cassano was suspended by the club for swearing at president Riccardo Garrone and refusing to attend an awards dinner.
The Italy forward, who had seemed to have repaired his bad-boy image, has since apologised several times.
An arbitration panel, which is also reviewing Cagliari’s decision to drop their unsettled Italy goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, is due to rule on whether Cassano’s suspension is lawful or his contract void.
Goran Pandev was dropped by Lazio last season after asking for a transfer but won his arbitration hearing and moved to Inter Milan in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH