Samsung condemns `anti-Iran` ad featuring its tablet
Seoul: Samsung Electronics today condemned an Israeli commercial featuring a Samsung tablet, expressing dismay at Iran`s threat to ban its products over the apparently anti-Tehran teaser.
The South Korean electronics giant said it had not been involved in production of the TV spot, produced by Israeli cable TV cannel HOT.
HOT offered Galaxy tabs as gifts to attract new viewers and the advert was part of the station`s subscription campaign, Samsung said.
"We have absolutely nothing to do with this television spot," a Samsung Electronics spokesman said.
The commercial was produced by HOT "without Samsung`s knowledge or participation," the company said in a statement.
"It should be noted that HOT cable network utilised a GALAXY Tab in its advertisement solely as a promotional gift," Samsung said.
"As a member of the global community, Samsung is committed to demonstrating respect for all people and cultures around the globe," it added.
A senior Iranian lawmaker has said Iran`s Majlis Energy Committee was considering a plan to impose a ban on Samsung products over the teaser.
The commercial features Israeli Mossad agents in a rendezvous at a cafe near what appears to be an Iranian nuclear facility.
One of the agents, passing time at a table fiddling with a Samsung tablet and showing off its features to his comrades, inadvertently pushes a button on the device, setting off an
explosion at the nuclear plant
"What? Another mysterious explosion in Iran," a comment
Arsalan Fat`hipour, who heads the Majlis Energy Committee, said the commercial was insulting and that Iran`s parliament was considering a ban on Samsung products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs