Samsung to build memory chip plant in China
Beijing: Samsung Electronics will build a memory chip plant in China`s northwestern city of Xi`an with an investment of $7 billion.
The plant will manufacture 100,000 memory chips per month after it goes into operation at the end of 2013, Xinhua reported.
Samsung officials said they chose Xi`an as the new plant site because the city has favourable infrastructure, excellent public service and abundant labour.
Zhao Zhengyong, governor of Shaanxi province, said the plant will boost economic development and create many jobs.
"More than 1,200 people will work in the new plant. In addition, 17,000 people will offer different kinds of services for the business," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'