Sand sculpture on Obama victory
Puri: Odisha-based sand sculptor Sudarsan Patnaik today created a seven ft high sand sculpture of Barak Obama to celebrate his victory in the US presidential elections.
Patnaik used about eight tonne of sand and also some coloured sand on the sculpture which bore the message `Again Congratulation` and the US national flag.
"I congratulate Mr Obama once again through my sand sculpture," Patnaik said, adding he would send a photograph of his creation to the US president.
During the campaign, Sudarsan, a fan of Obama, had created a sand sculpture titled `Race for White House` at Kolkata.
Patnaik has participated in more than 50 International sand sculpture championships and festivals around the world and won many prizes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender