Sandeep clinches gold in Taekwondo, Indians bag four medals
Dhaka: Sandeep Kundu beat Ravindra Rajapaksha of Sri Lanka to clinch the title in men`s over-87kg category, while Indians rounded off their Taekwondo campaign with a gold, one silver and two bronze at 11th South Asian Games.
Sandeep overcame Rajapaksha 6-3 for the yellow metal at the National Sports Council Gymnasium, while Pakistani Adil Shah and Mohammad Rasiul Kabir of Bangladesh laid their hands on the bronze medal.
India, however, had to settle for silver in the women`s under-53kg event when Latika Bhandari went down to Ayasha Shakya of Nepal 1-5.
Hassina Majboor of Afghanistan and Gayathri Sandamali of Sri Lanka bagged the bronze medal in that section.
India`s two bronze medals came through Shristi Singh (women`s under-57kg) and Nakul Malhotra (men`s under-87kg).
Deepak Bista of Nepal claimed the men`s under-87kg gold. For the 33-year-old this was his fourth consecutive SA Games gold.
Bhutan`s Tashi took the silver, while Shahabuddin of Afghanistan shared the bronze with Malhotra.
In women`s under-57kg, Fathima Keshi Suhail of Sri Lanka took the gold, while Manita Sahi got the silver.
Bangladeshi Sharabuni Biswas shared the bronze with Shristi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly