Sania-Edina in semis of Guangzhou WTA event
Guangzhou: Sania Mirza and Edina Gallovits stunned fourth seeds Anna Smith and Zi Yan in straight sets to progress to the doubles semifinals of the Guangzhou International Women’s Open here.
The unseeded Indo-Romanian pair beat British-Chinese pair 6-2 6-4 in the quarter-finals of the USD 220,000 hard court events.
They will next face Ukraine’s Olga Savchuk and Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand.
Sania has already crashed out of the singles event after a quarter-finals defeat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video