Sania-Elena out of doubles event
Carlsbad (USA): Fourth seeds Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina`s campaign ended in the doubles event of the Mercury Insurance Open following a right-hand injury to the Russian.
Up against Elena Bovina of Russia and Jie Zheng of China, the Indo-Russian pair were trailing 2-5 in the opening set when they decided to opt out of the contest.
Sania is already out of the singles event after losing the first round match 2-6, 3-6 to the world number 36 and 15th seed Sara Errani of Italy.
Sania, coming back from a break, had suffered defeat in the first round of the Citi Open also, last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH