Sania goes down to Peng in quarterfinals
Charleston: Shuai Peng struggled in the opening set but rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Sania Mirza of India in Friday`s second quarterfinal match of the Family Circle Cup.
The 11th-seeded Peng, who knocked off seventh-seed Nadia Petrova on Thursday, advances to Saturday`s semifinals. She will play the winner of the Julia Goerges-Elena Vesnina match.
Peng, from China, will also play a doubles match later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj