Sania goes down to Peng in quarterfinals
Charleston: Shuai Peng struggled in the opening set but rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Sania Mirza of India in Friday`s second quarterfinal match of the Family Circle Cup.
The 11th-seeded Peng, who knocked off seventh-seed Nadia Petrova on Thursday, advances to Saturday`s semifinals. She will play the winner of the Julia Goerges-Elena Vesnina match.
Peng, from China, will also play a doubles match later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday