Sania goes down to Peng in quarterfinals
Charleston: Shuai Peng struggled in the opening set but rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Sania Mirza of India in Friday`s second quarterfinal match of the Family Circle Cup.
The 11th-seeded Peng, who knocked off seventh-seed Nadia Petrova on Thursday, advances to Saturday`s semifinals. She will play the winner of the Julia Goerges-Elena Vesnina match.
Peng, from China, will also play a doubles match later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh