Sania goes down to Peng in quarterfinals
Charleston: Shuai Peng struggled in the opening set but rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Sania Mirza of India in Friday`s second quarterfinal match of the Family Circle Cup.
The 11th-seeded Peng, who knocked off seventh-seed Nadia Petrova on Thursday, advances to Saturday`s semifinals. She will play the winner of the Julia Goerges-Elena Vesnina match.
Peng, from China, will also play a doubles match later in the day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy