Sania goes down to Peng in quarterfinals
Charleston: Shuai Peng struggled in the opening set but rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Sania Mirza of India in Friday`s second quarterfinal match of the Family Circle Cup.
The 11th-seeded Peng, who knocked off seventh-seed Nadia Petrova on Thursday, advances to Saturday`s semifinals. She will play the winner of the Julia Goerges-Elena Vesnina match.
Peng, from China, will also play a doubles match later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State executes 24 civilians after seizing Syria village
- WATCH: Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo party like rockstars on a yacht in Sydney
- Pakistan tightening noose around JuD fundraising?
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha