Sania in Lexington challenger semis
Lexington: India’s Sania Mirza has entered the semi-final of International Tennis Federation (ITF) Lexington challenger after her American opponent Lindsay Lee-Waters withdrew from the match due to a leg injury.
The second-seeded Sania, who had to play two matches on Thursday evening, was leading 5-2 in the first set when Waters decided to call quits on Friday.
Sania next plays sixth-seed Meng Yuan of China who brushed aside fourth-seed American Madison Brengle 6-3, 6-3.
Yuan leads 2-1 in head-to-head record against the Indian, winning in straight sets in Los Angeles in their previous meeting last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video
- Nita Ambani provided a VVIP security cover
- Is Parliament video bigger security breach than inviting ISI at air base: AAP
- VVIP security cover for Nita Ambani
- Over two lakh pilgrims perform Amarnath Yatra, another batch leaves Jammu