Sania in Lexington challenger semis
Lexington: India’s Sania Mirza has entered the semi-final of International Tennis Federation (ITF) Lexington challenger after her American opponent Lindsay Lee-Waters withdrew from the match due to a leg injury.
The second-seeded Sania, who had to play two matches on Thursday evening, was leading 5-2 in the first set when Waters decided to call quits on Friday.
Sania next plays sixth-seed Meng Yuan of China who brushed aside fourth-seed American Madison Brengle 6-3, 6-3.
Yuan leads 2-1 in head-to-head record against the Indian, winning in straight sets in Los Angeles in their previous meeting last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal