Sania in Lexington challenger semis
Lexington: India’s Sania Mirza has entered the semi-final of International Tennis Federation (ITF) Lexington challenger after her American opponent Lindsay Lee-Waters withdrew from the match due to a leg injury.
The second-seeded Sania, who had to play two matches on Thursday evening, was leading 5-2 in the first set when Waters decided to call quits on Friday.
Sania next plays sixth-seed Meng Yuan of China who brushed aside fourth-seed American Madison Brengle 6-3, 6-3.
Yuan leads 2-1 in head-to-head record against the Indian, winning in straight sets in Los Angeles in their previous meeting last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail