Sania in main draw of the Miami WTA Premier event
Miami: Sania Mirza booked a berth in the main draw of the USD 4,500,000 WTA Premier event to be held at Miami with an easy straight sets win over Czech Republic`s Renata Voracova.
The 19th seed Indian beat the eighth seed and world number 89 opponent 6-4 6-2 in the second final round of the qualifying event of the hard court tournament.
Ranked 99 in WTA charts, Sania has drawn Spain`s Arantxa Parra Santonja as her first round rival, who is placed 37 spots above the Indian.
If Sania manages to clear first hurdle, she will be up against the 24th seed Russian Maria Kirilinko, who got a bye in the first round.
It will be the second successive Premier WTA event for Sania after losing in the second round at the Indian Wells.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof