Sania Mirza suffers first round defeat
Carlsbad (USA): Sania Mirza made her second consecutive first-round exit when she lost to Italian 15th seed Sara Errani in the Mercury Insurance Open, a WTA Premier event, here.
The unseeded Indian lost 2-6 3-6 to the world number 36 in the opening round of the USD 721,00 tournament.
Sania, coming back from a break, had suffered defeat in the first round of the Citi Open also, last week.
She, though, had done well in the doubles event of that tournament, where she ended runners-up with new partner Yaroslova Shvedov of Kazakhstan.
For this tournament she has paired with her regular partner Russian Elena Vesnina.
They have been seeded fourth and will open their campaign against Elena Bovina of Russia and Jie Zheng of China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday