Sania-Shoaib enter Mirza residence hand-in-hand
Hyderabad: Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and
her newly-wed Pakistani cricketer husband Shoaib Malik on Tuesday
entered the Mirza household for the first time after they tied
the know yesterday at a city hotel here.
Clad in a pink salwar kameez, Sania walked hand-in-hand
with Shoaib, who was wearing a green sherwani.
Sania`s father Imran Mirza embraced his son-in-law and
other members of the family welcomed the newly-wed couple into
Thw high-profile wedding of the two sporting stars took
place three days ahead of the original schedule to silence the
controversy and drama surrounding their marriage.
The mehndi ceremony, which was to be observed ahead of
the wedding, was observed today at the Mirza residence and
Marfa band was organised as part of the marriage celebrations.
Sandhya and Bhavana, two of Hyderabad reputed mehndi
designers, were called to apply mehndi to Sania, her
spokesperson told reporters.
She said final rehearsals for the sangeet ceremony,
scheduled to be held tomorrow, are in progress.
Shantanu and Nikhil-designed Sania`s outfit for the
reception, to be held on Thursday, has arrived from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?