Sania-Shoaib enter Mirza residence hand-in-hand
Hyderabad: Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and
her newly-wed Pakistani cricketer husband Shoaib Malik on Tuesday
entered the Mirza household for the first time after they tied
the know yesterday at a city hotel here.
Clad in a pink salwar kameez, Sania walked hand-in-hand
with Shoaib, who was wearing a green sherwani.
Sania`s father Imran Mirza embraced his son-in-law and
other members of the family welcomed the newly-wed couple into
Thw high-profile wedding of the two sporting stars took
place three days ahead of the original schedule to silence the
controversy and drama surrounding their marriage.
The mehndi ceremony, which was to be observed ahead of
the wedding, was observed today at the Mirza residence and
Marfa band was organised as part of the marriage celebrations.
Sandhya and Bhavana, two of Hyderabad reputed mehndi
designers, were called to apply mehndi to Sania, her
spokesperson told reporters.
She said final rehearsals for the sangeet ceremony,
scheduled to be held tomorrow, are in progress.
Shantanu and Nikhil-designed Sania`s outfit for the
reception, to be held on Thursday, has arrived from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand