Sania, Somdev go down in singles ranking ladder
New Delhi: After a making a first round exit in their respective events last week, India`s top singles players -- Sania Mirza and Somdev Devvarman -- lost a few rungs in the WTA and ATP ranking charts, released on Monday.
Sania lost two places to be at 64 while Somdev suffered a loss of three positions to find himself at 65.
Somdev though made a huge jump of 61 places to get to career-best 189th place in the doubles chart, courtesy his summit clash appearance in the Farmer`s Classic along with Treat Conrad Huey.
Sania won the Citi Open with Yaroslava Shvedov but could not imrove on her career-best 11th place.
Other doubles specialists -- Mahesh Bhppathi (5), Leander Paes (8) and Rohan Bopanna (10) also had no change in their rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...