Sania, Somdev move up in ranking table
New Delhi: Sania Mirza and Somdev Devvarman improved their singles ranking by a few places although their poor run just got extended as they failed to make the main draw of the Cincinnati WTA and ATP events.
Sania gained a place to be 64 while Somdev moved two places up to 63 in the latest rankings.
Sania`s doubles rank of 11 was intact but she and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina dropped a place to three in the WTA Race to year-end championship.
They were replaced by Russian Maria Kirilenko and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka.
In the ATP doubles table, senior pro Mahesh Bhupathi dropped out of top-5 to be in sixth position but Rohan Bopanna re-entered top-10 to be ninth after gaining two positions.
Leander Paes remained unchanged at eighth position.
The pair of Paes and Bhupathi were firm in the sixth slot in the doubles team rankings while Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi moved up to sixth, gain of one place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened