Sania, Somdev move up in ranking table
New Delhi: Sania Mirza and Somdev Devvarman improved their singles ranking by a few places although their poor run just got extended as they failed to make the main draw of the Cincinnati WTA and ATP events.
Sania gained a place to be 64 while Somdev moved two places up to 63 in the latest rankings.
Sania`s doubles rank of 11 was intact but she and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina dropped a place to three in the WTA Race to year-end championship.
They were replaced by Russian Maria Kirilenko and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka.
In the ATP doubles table, senior pro Mahesh Bhupathi dropped out of top-5 to be in sixth position but Rohan Bopanna re-entered top-10 to be ninth after gaining two positions.
Leander Paes remained unchanged at eighth position.
The pair of Paes and Bhupathi were firm in the sixth slot in the doubles team rankings while Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi moved up to sixth, gain of one place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder