Sania-Vesnina storm into French Open semis
Paris: Seventh seed Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina stormed into the French Open semi-finals on Monday upsetting the top seed Gisela Dulko and Flavia Pennetta 6-0, 7-5.
Seventh-seeded Sania and Elena won 6-0, 7-5 in 66 minutes.
They now play the winner of the match between fourth-seeded Americans Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond and fifth-seeded Victoria Azarenka of Belarus and Maria Kirilenko of Russia.
This is for the first time that Sania has reached the women`s doubles semifinals in a Grand Slam event.
The quarter-final appearances in the 2007 US Open and 2008 Wimbledon were her best performances so far at the big stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll