Sania-Vesnina storm into French Open semis
Paris: Seventh seed Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina stormed into the French Open semi-finals on Monday upsetting the top seed Gisela Dulko and Flavia Pennetta 6-0, 7-5.
Seventh-seeded Sania and Elena won 6-0, 7-5 in 66 minutes.
They now play the winner of the match between fourth-seeded Americans Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond and fifth-seeded Victoria Azarenka of Belarus and Maria Kirilenko of Russia.
This is for the first time that Sania has reached the women`s doubles semifinals in a Grand Slam event.
The quarter-final appearances in the 2007 US Open and 2008 Wimbledon were her best performances so far at the big stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends