Sania`s wedding announcement figures in Maha Council
Mumbai: The proposed cross-border wedding of
ace tennis player Sania Mirza today figured in Maharashtra
Legislative Council as opposition Shiv Sena raised the issue
of increasing number of cheating cases of spouses by
"Marriage cheating cases are increasing and in Sania`s
matter there are reports about her fiance (Shoaib Malik) being
already married," MLC Neelam Gorhe said during a debate on the
law and order situation in the state.
Stating differences in Indian and Pakistani marriage
laws, she said "Indian laws are based on the Constitution
and Pakistani laws are derived from Shariat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement