Sania`s wedding announcement figures in Maha Council
Mumbai: The proposed cross-border wedding of
ace tennis player Sania Mirza today figured in Maharashtra
Legislative Council as opposition Shiv Sena raised the issue
of increasing number of cheating cases of spouses by
"Marriage cheating cases are increasing and in Sania`s
matter there are reports about her fiance (Shoaib Malik) being
already married," MLC Neelam Gorhe said during a debate on the
law and order situation in the state.
Stating differences in Indian and Pakistani marriage
laws, she said "Indian laws are based on the Constitution
and Pakistani laws are derived from Shariat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt