Sanjay Kumar grabs opening round lead in Bangladesh Open
Dhaka: Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow fired a
flawless 66 to take the opening round lead of the Bangladesh
Open here today.
Local favourite Mohd Milon Ahmmed sunk six birdies and a
lone bogey to be placed second at 67 at the Kurmitola Golf
Sanjay, the joint runner-up from last year, excelled with
his short game to be placed at the top of the leaderboard
after his bogey-free opening round.
"I drove the ball well and hit some really good tee shots
today. Today`s round was an excellent one considering that I
am playing with a new set of clubs and am yet to get used to
it," the Lucknow golfer said.
Ranjit Singh of Chandigarh made five birdies against a
bogey to be placed third at four-under 68, while Bangladeshi
pro Mohd Jibon Ali, another who had a hole-in-one eagle on the
eighth hole, share the fourth place with the Indian duo of
Gurbaaz Mann and Vijay Kumar at three-under 69.
Bangladesh`s top professional Mohd Siddikur Rahman and
defending champion Mohd Jamal Hossain Mollah (amateur) are
tied 15th at even-par 72, along with Shamim Khan of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information