Sanjay Kumar grabs opening round lead in Bangladesh Open
Dhaka: Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow fired a
flawless 66 to take the opening round lead of the Bangladesh
Open here today.
Local favourite Mohd Milon Ahmmed sunk six birdies and a
lone bogey to be placed second at 67 at the Kurmitola Golf
Sanjay, the joint runner-up from last year, excelled with
his short game to be placed at the top of the leaderboard
after his bogey-free opening round.
"I drove the ball well and hit some really good tee shots
today. Today`s round was an excellent one considering that I
am playing with a new set of clubs and am yet to get used to
it," the Lucknow golfer said.
Ranjit Singh of Chandigarh made five birdies against a
bogey to be placed third at four-under 68, while Bangladeshi
pro Mohd Jibon Ali, another who had a hole-in-one eagle on the
eighth hole, share the fourth place with the Indian duo of
Gurbaaz Mann and Vijay Kumar at three-under 69.
Bangladesh`s top professional Mohd Siddikur Rahman and
defending champion Mohd Jamal Hossain Mollah (amateur) are
tied 15th at even-par 72, along with Shamim Khan of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued