Sanjay Kumar grabs opening round lead in Bangladesh Open
Dhaka: Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow fired a
flawless 66 to take the opening round lead of the Bangladesh
Open here today.
Local favourite Mohd Milon Ahmmed sunk six birdies and a
lone bogey to be placed second at 67 at the Kurmitola Golf
Sanjay, the joint runner-up from last year, excelled with
his short game to be placed at the top of the leaderboard
after his bogey-free opening round.
"I drove the ball well and hit some really good tee shots
today. Today`s round was an excellent one considering that I
am playing with a new set of clubs and am yet to get used to
it," the Lucknow golfer said.
Ranjit Singh of Chandigarh made five birdies against a
bogey to be placed third at four-under 68, while Bangladeshi
pro Mohd Jibon Ali, another who had a hole-in-one eagle on the
eighth hole, share the fourth place with the Indian duo of
Gurbaaz Mann and Vijay Kumar at three-under 69.
Bangladesh`s top professional Mohd Siddikur Rahman and
defending champion Mohd Jamal Hossain Mollah (amateur) are
tied 15th at even-par 72, along with Shamim Khan of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened