Sanjay Kumar grabs opening round lead in Bangladesh Open
Dhaka: Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow fired a
flawless 66 to take the opening round lead of the Bangladesh
Open here today.
Local favourite Mohd Milon Ahmmed sunk six birdies and a
lone bogey to be placed second at 67 at the Kurmitola Golf
Sanjay, the joint runner-up from last year, excelled with
his short game to be placed at the top of the leaderboard
after his bogey-free opening round.
"I drove the ball well and hit some really good tee shots
today. Today`s round was an excellent one considering that I
am playing with a new set of clubs and am yet to get used to
it," the Lucknow golfer said.
Ranjit Singh of Chandigarh made five birdies against a
bogey to be placed third at four-under 68, while Bangladeshi
pro Mohd Jibon Ali, another who had a hole-in-one eagle on the
eighth hole, share the fourth place with the Indian duo of
Gurbaaz Mann and Vijay Kumar at three-under 69.
Bangladesh`s top professional Mohd Siddikur Rahman and
defending champion Mohd Jamal Hossain Mollah (amateur) are
tied 15th at even-par 72, along with Shamim Khan of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown