Sankararaman: 3 more prosecution witnesses turn hostile
Puducherry: Three more prosecution witnesses, including a woman, in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Swraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Swraswathi are the main accused, turned hostile during the trial in a local court Thursday.
Three of the seven witnesses examined by Public Prosecutor N Devadoss before Principal District and Sessions Judge D Krishnaraja contradicted their earlier statements made to the police.
Of the 24 accused in the case, only seven were present. The absentees included the seers who were charged undedr IPC sections 120-B (conspiracy)and 302 (murder).
The Judge adjourned the hearing to tomorrow.
So far 95 witnesses have been examined since the commencement of the trial here after the Supreme Court shifted the case from the Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra Saraswathi in October 2005. Fiftytwo of the witnesses have turned hostile.
Sankararaman, Manager of Varadaraja Perumal temple in Kancheepuram, was murdered in the temple premises on September 3, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie