Sarah Palin ‘throws wedding ring in lake’
London: Former Alaskan governor Sarah Palin has fuelled rumours that she is about to divorce her husband Todd.
An American magazine has claimed that Todd has been sleeping on the sofa and she hurled her wedding ring into a lake after a row.
Mercede Johnston, whose brother Levi is the ex lover of Palin’s daughter Bristol and father of her seven-month-old son, said, “Sarah and Todd are fighting all the time. Todd often ends up sleeping on the couch. Bristol used to tell Levi that they would bicker over the slightest things, like who would take out the trash or wash the dishes. Sometimes Todd would just take off for days to his cabin.”
According to Mercede, the couple’s problems started ever since the controversy over 17-year-old Bristol’s pregnancy, which sparked uproar during last year’s presidential election.
“Sarah let Bristol sleep with Levi when they were dating. Todd was furious about it and after Bristol got pregnant they were screaming at each other constantly,” a news daily quoted her as saying.
Mercede said that Palins’ relationship turned even more bitter after their son Track, 19, was caught illegally buying alcohol using a false ID card.
“Sarah pushed Track to join the military to keep him out of trouble but Todd didn’t want him to go. He blamed her for making the mess worse,” Mercede said.
“Todd and Sarah were high school sweethearts and I’m told they were very much in love but I’ve known them for a long time and it seems like there’s no affection between them now.
“Over the past few years, I’ve never seen them kiss or cuddle or even hold hands when they’re out of the public eye. They never go on vacations together and never seem to go out for a romantic dinner or even a movie.
“It seems to me that their marriage is just a sham for the cameras. If it ended in the next year, I wouldn’t be surprised,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender