Satisfied with CWG preprations: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday said he has reviewed the Commonwealth Games preprations and is "satisfied" with the progress.
"I have reviewed the situation with the cabinet secretary and I am satifsfied that all nececessary preprations are in place and will be in place," Manmohan Singh said at the joint press conference with visiting British Prime Minister David Cameron.
"I am looking forward to a sccessful Commonwealth Games," he said when asked about allegations of corruption on completing the venues and whether India would be able to meet the deadlines.
The Games are scheduled for Oct 3-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP