Satisfied with CWG preprations: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday said he has reviewed the Commonwealth Games preprations and is "satisfied" with the progress.
"I have reviewed the situation with the cabinet secretary and I am satifsfied that all nececessary preprations are in place and will be in place," Manmohan Singh said at the joint press conference with visiting British Prime Minister David Cameron.
"I am looking forward to a sccessful Commonwealth Games," he said when asked about allegations of corruption on completing the venues and whether India would be able to meet the deadlines.
The Games are scheduled for Oct 3-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured