Satyam family wrongfully gained Rs 2,743 cr: CBI
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has revealed wrongful gains of Satyam’s founder Ramalingam Raju and his family. In its findings, the CBI said that the promoter and family of Satyam wrongfully gained Rs 2,743 crore.
The CBI has so far filed three charge sheets in the case. Two charges dealt with the account fudging by Raju with the assistance of nine others and the third charge sheet dealt with the income tax violations.
Company chairman Ramalinga Raju resigned on January 07, 2009, notifying the SEBI and his board members about falsified accounts and inflated cash figures.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren