Satyam family wrongfully gained Rs 2,743 cr: CBI
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has revealed wrongful gains of Satyam’s founder Ramalingam Raju and his family. In its findings, the CBI said that the promoter and family of Satyam wrongfully gained Rs 2,743 crore.
The CBI has so far filed three charge sheets in the case. Two charges dealt with the account fudging by Raju with the assistance of nine others and the third charge sheet dealt with the income tax violations.
Company chairman Ramalinga Raju resigned on January 07, 2009, notifying the SEBI and his board members about falsified accounts and inflated cash figures.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note