Satyam scam: CBI team back from Mauritius,2nd chargesheet soon
New Delhi: A second charge sheet in the multi-crore Satyam scam will be filed soon as the CBI team probing the case has returned from Mauritius with some bank details from the island nation.
The CBI team had gone to probe the alleged diversion of funds by disgraced Satyam founder B Ramalinga Raju to the country for further re-routing back in India to the fictitious firms set up by the accused, official sources said.
Funds were re-routed back to India via European countries
as "investments" in nearly 300 alleged fictitious companies
floated in the name of his relatives, they said.
The CBI, which is probing the Rs 10,000-crore accounting
fraud at Satyam Computer Services, has found during its
investigations that Raju had diverted big amounts to Mauritius
-- a tax haven --from where the money was brought back to
India via several European countries, sources said.
CBI sources said this would help the agency in filing the
second charge sheet against the accused which will include
some more bank transactions made from the island nation.
They said the amount of Rs 7,800 crore mentioned by the
founder chairman of the firm in his "confessional statement"
earlier this year was far less then what was emerging out
during the investigations.
The second charge sheet may highlight some more financial
transaction made by Raju and some of his associates, the
CBI filed the first charge sheet on April 7 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'